miércoles, 10 de noviembre de 2010

The Weaker Sex?

Women were long considered naturally weaker than men, traditionally the soacial role say that "a woman's place is in the home", , they have to make domestic labors, like clean the house, cooking, care the children and only stay at home while her husband returns from his work, but today the things have been changing, labor such as hunting and plowing were considered men labors, now the woman can do all those labors.
The woman´s education have been changing, and we don´t have the typical culture that we only can stay at home, we can do great things, we can study a carreer, have a job and traveling.
 In 1870 an estimated one fifth of resident college and university students were women. By 1900 the proportion had increased to more than one third.Women obtained 19 percent of all undergraduate college degrees around the beginning of the 20th century. By 1984 the figure had sharply increased to 49 percent. Women also increased their numbers in graduate study.

Opinion
I think that the women were educated only to stay at home, cleanning, cooking and caring the children, these the only things that it´s suppouse they have to do but now we have been changing our mind and we have better goals to our live, we want to study, have a good job, and some of them do not even want to get married, but is not bad to knowing cook or make things to clean the house, although work is not suppouse that we have to be a dirty and lazy women.

5 comentarios:

  1. this is an interesting topic and I agree with you in that is not bad to know how to cook or do the house work but that women can work in other things. I think that is good how women have fought to change this situation and thanks to that is that now we have the same opportunities than men.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. I am hundred percent agree with you, women do not have the same characteristics or physical or mental than men, which makes us very different, so we should start by respecting the differences in order to live in a better way, so as also, realize that women have the same opportunities to achieve their goals, as well as men.

    ResponderEliminar
  3. I agree with your comment, your idea is right!
    I think that if women decide to be better every day, it does not means that women would be lazy and dirty just for work.

    ResponderEliminar
  4. I agree with you Mary pocket the girls have the capacity for doing all the things that they propose them, if they want to be a president, they'll be there, if they want to get a good job, they'll get it!

    ResponderEliminar
  5. Wow Miss Pocket... you are petit but with great attitude. I like how you think about the work of women. They are able to do anything... and who else to prove that to you.

    ResponderEliminar